Wednesday 13 April 2016

Series Three: Kamarpukur in Black and White



We always go to Bankura and stay in Jairambaati. We never explored Kamarpukur much. So it was in the agenda to spend more time in Kamarpukur than Jairambaati this time.

What I had not told my sister was I wanted to do - click everything here in Black and White. So as she walked ahead of me with our guide, I weaved this shot by shot learning more about the lanes and by lanes of Kamarpukur.

The idea to capture Kamarpukur in Black and White got triggered when I saw a photograph of Dakhineshwar in Belur Museum - the way it was when Sri Ramakrishna lived there. 

I immensely enjoyed creating this. Felt closer to them and the times they lived. 

We were back home by 8 PM and we immediately had relatives throw questions that very night, how we managed without the car, without a room to stay, so on and so forth. Universe conspires. 

Though this is not advisable for seniors - for anyone else with a little bit of heart, this one day trip can be truly satisfying, and will not be very exhausting, if time is planned well. 

We both knew by the end of it, we will do it again, many times more. 

Updated on 5th March 2017

I am just back from Bankura now. With the new station Goghat, the one day trip is even easier. Kamarpukur is 30 minutes away from Goghat and will cost only Rs 20 in a Toto.

The fair in Kamarpukur on the occasion of Sri Ramakrishna's 182nd birth anniversary was quite big with products ranging from Rs 3 (in this era) to Rs 200.












No comments:

Post a Comment