Thursday 4 October 2018

The Strongest Connect With People Is Through This..


Food is an integral part of our travel stories.

When I went to US for the first time 13 years back, I craved for some spicy chicken. I was there for two months to attend a few process related trainings. One colleague from US team who was also part of that training brought some nice home-made chicken, customized for me. I must have mentioned how badly I missed Indian food that a Mexican woman tries to pacify my taste buds.

When I lived alone in Bangalore for over a decade, I missed Bengali food very much. I love the entire range of South Indian food – Dosa, Idli, Rasam, Sambar, Upma and all kind of rice - Lemon rice, Mango rice, Tomato rice,  however whenever I taste Bengali food, it took care of not just my appetite or hunger but also mildly satisfied the inner, deep seated need to be home. Food has that effect on you – the lollipop instead of ice cream, butter milk instead of curd, the food at least if not the place.

Today it is different, I can cook Bengali food. My mother stays with me and so there is a lot of variety always. We both try a lot of recipes from what we see in the cookery channels.

I still visit Bangalore. My last visit was in August this year that lasted for a month. During my one month stay between 5th August to 4th September here is the constant supply from my neighbors almost on a daily basis. I feel blessed for all the love.





Find my other blogs on food here and here


I have an intern from our virtual team manage the twitter account for Chalte Chalte India and he is so mesmerized by international travel that he often forgets the purpose of Chalte Chalte India and that is to travel India and explore its beauty first. We will streamline that soon. So you may choose to follow this twitter handle @virgoreceive and then unfollow to teach him a lesson so that he gets his strategy and fundamentals right.


Write to chaltechalteindia@gmail.com if you have a story to share about exploring food while traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment